The Ybyrapora diversipes, also known as the Amazon Sapphire Pinktoe. Reclassified from the Avicularia genus recently, this stunning arboreal tarantula hails from the lush rainforests of Brazil, where it resides in the high canopies. The Amazon Sapphire Pinktoe is renowned for its striking color palette, featuring a blend of vibrant greens, blues, and pinks, making it a standout in any collection. Ideal for both novice and experienced tarantula enthusiasts, the Ybyrapora diversipes brings a touch of exotic elegance and vibrant color to your terrarium. I think this is one of the most beautiful species in the entire hobby.
- Temperature: The Amazon Sapphire Pinktoe thrives in a temperature range of 75 to 85°F (24 to 29°C), which promotes healthy eating and growth patterns.
- Humidity: Aim for a humidity level around 65-75%. While I don't typically use water dishes in my setups, they can be added without any issues.
- Housing: As an arboreal species, the Ybyrapora diversipes requires vertical space to climb and create webs. For babies, a small vial about 5 inches tall and 2 inches in diameter with proper ventilation works well. At checkout, remember to ask for a free vial! For juveniles and adults, enclosures around 12 to 16 inches tall are ideal to accommodate their natural tree-dwelling behavior.
The Amazon Sapphire Pinktoe's diet consists of a variety of insects, including crickets and various species of cockroaches. Baby tarantulas should be fed smaller prey, and if larger prey is available, incapacitate it before placing it in the enclosure. Always remove uneaten food to prevent mold. As a special treat, a small pinky mouse can be given occasionally, but this should be limited to avoid dietary imbalances.
- Latin Name: Ybyrapora diversipes
- Common Name: Amazon Sapphire Pinktoe, Formerly Avicularia
- Locale: Native to the rainforests of Brazil.
- Category: Arboreal; enjoys climbing and webbing.
- Size: Generally females reach 5-6, while males around 4inches or so.
- Urticating Hairs: Does not possess urticating hairs.
- Growth Rate: Moderate; allowing for enjoyable observation over time.
- Life Span: Females can live upwards of 12 years, whiles males mature out at around 3-4 years.
- Recommended Levels: Suitable for both beginners and experienced keepers due to its manageable size and calm temperament.
- Instagram: Follow my Instagram for the latest updates and beautiful tarantula photos.
- YouTube: Check out my YouTube channel for care tips and educational content.
- Facebook: Read reviews and experiences on my Facebook page.
- TikTok: Visit my TikTok for more engaging and fun tarantula content.
Handling the Ybyrapora diversipes, like any tarantula, should be done with respect and understanding. While their bites are rare and not typically harmful to humans, it's essential to handle them gently to avoid stress. In my experience, the key to a safe and enjoyable time with these creatures is understanding and patience. Please note, handling is at your own risk, and I cannot be held responsible for any incidents.